The mission of the Leadership Board is to be a resource for Bridge and to help foster relationships between communities. Our Leadership Board is perhaps one of the most unique and rewarding experiences for any high school student-athlete. We are incredibly proud of this group of volunteers, all who are committed to giving back to the community and to the sport of lacrosse.
class of 2017-2018
Each year, we seek out applicants to participate in our Leadership Board. In the fall, members will commit to a 9-10 week fall season, where they serve as coaches for an afterschool team. Programs will operate in the afternoons, Sunday through Thursday. Leadership Board members will be assigned a site in the DFW area and serve as coaches and instructors. In the spring, members are welcome to participate in spring clinics and other events, though the largest commitments exist in the fall.
As a Leadership Board member, you will be part of an exclusive group of volunteers that understand the value of investing in urban youth, and building community. Members will receive leadership and coaching training to ensure they are effective leaders and role models. All service hours will be signed off by Bridge and a letter of recommendation for service may also be available. A Leadership Board member can expect to receive up to 20-30 hours of service hours.
- HS student with a lacrosse background (you don't have to be currently playing)
- Fall commitment, once a week practices for 9-10 weeks and fall festival
- $250 Membership Dues (Dues go to help sustain as well as equip our urban student-athletes)
- Attend mandatory training
- Be committed to the mission of Bridge and provide our student-athletes with quality and compassionate instruction.
- Applications Open | Aug 1-Aug 13
- Selections Made | Aug 21
- Confirmation Response and Dues | Aug 31
- Mandatory Training | Sept 10
- Fall Season Begins | Sept 17
- Fall Festival | Nov 18
- Spring Training | TBD
- Patriot Cup Clinic | TBD
- Spring Clinics | TBD